Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Temple Trip!

Oh my goodness!! Temples are just one of the greatest things on this Earth, are they not?? I submit that they are. Especially when you've got such a great group of friends to go with :)


We left Friday night and got to our destination (Tanner and Bryan's grandparents' house) kinda late. Some of us really didn't want to go to sleep but majority ruled. It was only like 12:30! But we got reprimanded by our EFY couselor :) We eventually went to sleep after Mom and Dad initiated family prayer. Teehee :) We got up at like 5:00 or 5:30 (depending on the person) the next morning, got ready, and went to the beautiful Mesa temple! Goodness!... that was just a great experience. The temple is so wonderful! So great...

This is Wendy Smith, Joycie Butter (Ok really her name is Joyce Van Vianen. She's from Holland!), and me! We took a butter picture in front of the temple. Obviously :) Precious...

YAY!!! We slept for so many hours once we got home! After that we wanted to go to the new X-men movie but it was basically sold out. So we went to Walmart instead. Got some stuff... and then we were hungry. So we got the Dominoes 555 deal!! Such a great thing! Note bonkers butter's bonkers hairstyle (far right). Perfect for the occasion :) What a great night!
The best part is that the entire weekend was AWESOME!!! Sunday was one of the greatest Sabbath Days I've had since I came to Thatcher. Great lessons in Relief Society and Sunday School, really great testimonies in Sacrament meeting, and then our last time singing at the Nursing home :( It was really sad to say goodbye to those people, especially Tom Rose, but singing there will probably be one of my favorite memories from college.
This week has mostly consisted of Finals with the occasional studying. Just kidding. I've actually studied alot more than I usually would... Anyway, I'll be leaving Thatcher in 2 days!!! It's so weird to think of that! Even more weird to think that I'll be living at home ALL SUMMER! Wow. "Baby steps, Bob. Baby steps." :) I hope everyone else is having a super fabulous week as well!!
Yay for good times!


2 comments:

J-ME said...

ok disney daze! where's the blog about your awesome disney birthday?! let's get crackin! :)

wendybird said...

yay!!! remember when our last couple weekends were AMAZING?!!!