Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good Times!

What a night! Well it was the whole week, really. Lots of ups and a few significant downs, but it turned out just fine :) Last night we had an institute dance where we were supposed to dress up as a high school stereotype so... I got to be a cheerleader for a night! And it was totally fun. I borrowed Danielle's (far right) uniform and she did my makeup and put curlers in my hair and everything. Fun fun! On a more random note, the girl right next to me, Callie, and Danielle are from Lake Havasu and came to our Youth Conference in Yuma this last year! Now they live across the hall from me. Can it get more ironic?

Also, I put some blonde streaks in my bangs! Well it's on the underneath of my bangs, so you can only catch a glimpse every once in awhile. Obviously they're very faint, since you can even see them in the picture.

Continuing with the good news, I got another niece on Wednesday! Allison Mae Spencer. She's a total cutie and I think she looks just like Jason. You can go to Jamie's blog for more information. I'm sure it'll be up soon ;)

Oo! I have a really good institute moment. Something happened on Wednesday that had me pretty down. I felt like the lowest of low and just really discouraged. Naturally, I really didn't want to go to Institute, but I was like "well... it always makes me feel better and that's really where I need to be". So I went anyway. I felt like I was just kinda there and still really not in a good mood at all. One of those depression moments. They suck. Anyway, we start singing the opening hymn: "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, count your many blessings..." I just started smiling the biggest grin and laughing. Way to be obvious, right? I still think it's so funny. Just like that i did a full 180 and started thinking about my blessings and I had a great rest of the night! It was so awesome. The next morning brought back some of those discouraging feelings, but I just kept making lists of how I had been blessed and my sadness was sent on it's way. Music is the best. Needless to say I'm that much more excited to start conducting the hymns in Sacrament Meeting this Sunday!

I had a thought while I was typing that story. Is it weird to anyone else that we use "crazy" terms for our church programs? I mean we have a "ward" and "institute".... Seems a little too coincidental if you ask me :)

1 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Looks like so so so much fun!!! I want to be 18!