This, my friends, is Sondre Lerche. He is beautiful. Also he plays the guitar (and by "plays", I mean SHREDS). Also he sings. Also he made the whole soundtrack for Dan In Real Life, ergo he has met Steve Carell. Also he sings a song with Regina Spektor. Also he has great musical friends, like Kishi Bashi.
ALSO, I went to see him in concert last night!! I took that picture. I stood 10-15 ft away from him. I squealed like a little girl when he played/sang/said beautiful things. I enjoyed every single minute of that event, especially including the two opening acts, which were phenomenal! The first one was Kishi Bashi. He's great. The second was a band called Nightlands. Phenomenal. We got $18 tickets to a venue called "The Urban Lounge" in Salt Lake City, and there were probably around 50 people. No more than 75. It was very personal and laid back and a most unforgettable experience. I was blown away by Sondre Lerche. I was expecting Jack Johnson and I got Dream Theater! Ok, that was a GROSS exaggeration on both ends, but basically, I figured he would be a super chill, but brilliant musician like Sufjan Stevens. He IS a brilliant musician, but he was NOT chill. He rocked hard! And it was wonderful. It was all just so wonderful.
I could go on and on about that concert, but I won't. Especially because I've got a wedding to plan. Sondre and I will be married in the morning!
0 comments:
Post a Comment