Here's an exerpt from my journal entry from July 15, 2011 (the morning after):
"I am part of the Harry Potter generation, and my youth has just officially ended. But it ended so beautifully. So beautifully.
"I love Harry Potter. I am so proud to be a part of the Harry Potter generation. And yes, I know it's a fictional series and life will move on, and soon (for most people) Harry Potter will just be a book to read or a movie to watch or some sort of happy memory. I just wanted to share, once and for all, how much that series meant to me, and how much it has affected my life. At the close of this chapter, all I can say is: Thank you, Harry. Thank you."
I had no idea it would feel like it does. I wasn't even anticipating heartbreak! We all knew how it was going to end, and it's not like I'm never gonna watch the movies or read the books again, so I wasn't really concerned about it being the last movie. But let me make myself clear - there was a distinct change in my life from July 14 to July 15, and I'm not exaggerating. It feels different. I literally felt my childhood end and the clear prompting that it is now time to move on. Judge me if you want. I don't think I could ever explain this feeling, and I'll probably never forget it. I have been dedicated to that cause since I was 10 years old - just old enough to understand and appreciate Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for all it was worth.
And so - Did I sob/hyperventilate uncontrollably for 5 minutes after the movie ended? Yes.
Have I teared up randomly at least twice a day since I watched it? Yes.
Do I love Harry Potter more than ever? Yes.
Could I have asked for a better ending to my childhood? No.
Those are the facts. That's how I feel. Throw in a little "overwhelming gratitude", and you've got all the emotions I've had bottled up for the past 4 days. Eleven years of my life! Eleven years filled with magic.
It really was an incredible journey.
Monday, July 18, 2011
In case you were wondering how I felt about the last Harry Potter...
Posted by Stephenie at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment