Friday, August 15, 2008

College Girl!!

What a week!! I spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday saying my goodbyes to my friends, which was really hard by the way, and then we left that night for Tucson. There was a crazy rain storm that night too! It was pretty scary. But AWESOME!! Thursday we came the rest of the way up to Thatcher. Oh man it was a long day. I got my ID card, my room, got my stuff loaded in my room, and went to orientation. I was exhausted! :)

That night was kinda hard. I had spent some time with my roommates but not much. I went over to Candice Lundgreen's apartment, which is a few feet away, and hung out there for the rest of the night. When i came back it was time to go to bed. But before and after I went to Candice's, there were plenty of tears. I wanted to call my parents and ask if I could hang out with them for awhile, just so i wasn't completely out of my element. But I knew the time to grow up was now. So i stuck it out. It was hard. I knew that I could call or text the people that care about me at any time, but that was it. I was 6 hours away from them and a drive just to visit is pretty much out of the question. Hence: depression.

The good news is I have done much better today! The morning continued with the tears, but I spent time with my parents, got stuff from Walmart, got a PO box and my books and to each of my classrooms. Plus I talked to my brother and he said i could text him if I was ever lonely :) I got a laptop! So that's been very entertaining, and now i'm going to watch a movie with my roommate.

My thoughts on the matter: I have only technically been a college girl for...2 days. Therefore it wouldn't be right for me to make any judgements yet. However I can tell you how I feel. With any luck, this will be the funnest year for me so far. I only have 4 classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and one lab on Thursday, so I don't have to worry about being overworked :) Yay for laziness! And having Candice here will do worlds of good for me. I would be totally lost without her. My deepest fear? Failing a class. Or not even failing, just not doing well. It's soooo much money and i really want a good life, for me and my family. I don't know; I'm just worried about the future i guess. So far everything's alright though. If I keep telling myself it will be good, then it will be good. "It should be so, and it will be so! Oh yeah!" (Who can tell me what DVD that's from?).

So there's my update. Everything is crack-tastic :)

2 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Yay! I'm glad you are doing well!!! I'm sure it was scary! I would have been scared too, but you're a big girl and you'll be great! Just be good! love you!

Gabriela Hull said...

You are going to do awesome! I spent about 3 months crying at home when I knew I was going to be leaving them....and that was after being at AWC for 2 years! You are doing great for being 18. Have fun and don't forget to study.