Ok. I know i totally posted like 2 days ago but i have been getting home too late at night to write in my journal so... this is a good substitute :)
Being away from home has made realize just how amazing it is to have friends. Since my family is M.I.A. i've had to turn to peers for company/comfort, and let me tell you something: they're amazing. I have met more people in the last 3 days than ever before in my life! And once you meet someone here it's like you're cool for life. That's something i really appreciate about thatcher. Plus there's not really cliques and everyone's just friends with everyone. Good again. The new friends are awesome, but the old ones have proven top of the line as well. First of all, the friends i left in Yuma have been really good about making me feel better about being alone. On my first night here, Brad, Jessica, and Zach all talked to me on speakerphone for a little while, and i thought that was so sweet! Kira's busy but she's been amazing about keeping me up to date with all the juicy stuff as well :) But most importantly, Candice Lundgreen has saved my life. When we were about 10 years old, she and I planned out our college years. We were going to NAU and living in the cabin her parents owned. We didn't talk a whole lot about it, but the day her parents sold their cabin was a sad one :( Who would've guess that she and I would end up at college together, in a completely different town, living across the street from eachother. She has been so nice to me, showing me around and introducing me to people and letting me hang out at her apartment. I picked a good best friend back in 1st grade :)
Anyway, that's what's been on my mind for the past few days. There are more good people in the world than i thought. You just have to keep your eyes peeled.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Friends... uhkay!
Posted by Stephenie at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you! I'm glad you're having all of this fun without me! Just kidding!
I just now notices that your title had "uhkay" in it!! LOVE IT! uhkaayyyy
Post a Comment