Thursday, November 18, 2010

On This Night! On This Night! On This Harry Potter Night!

Tonight, I will travel to Payson, UT and view Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 at 12:05 a.m.!!!! I could not be more excited! Not only is Harry Potter soooooooo great (which I think I have established at this point in my blogging), but any movie is better at midnight! It's true! Midnight showings are the best! And that is where this blog begins.

In 2005, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire made it's motion picture debut. My Mother stood in a HUGE line for a long time to get tickets for the midnight showing, the day they went on sale. What a good mom! I don't remember exactly how the events transpired, but it ended up just being me, my Mom, and my best friend Kira that went to the midnight showing. In fact, I think that was my first midnight showing ever. It was so great! Kira and I both cried like babies when Cedric died! Hahaha Good times. Anyway, since then I have attended EVERY Harry Potter midnight showing. I regret nothing. I had a little bit of a scare with this seventh movie, because I kept hearing that all the theaters in Provo had sold out of their tickets, and I hadn't gotten mine! In retrospect....wouldn't the theaters just open another cinema? Hmm oh well. I got tickets in Payson. 'Tis the land of my Fathers. Actually it's the land of my Mother, but whatev. I love it and any excuse to go there is legit.

And so, I will be enjoying Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 this evening, and I can only hope that you are just as lucky! Everything's better at midnight!

0 comments: